Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Corn is being grown with many antibiotics and chemicals that are harmful to us. On the otherhand, some are saying this could be a good thing. The fertilizers lead to bigger ears of corn, which means more corn. If we could justfind a way to make the chemicals and antibiotics not harmful, then this could potentially solve world hunger! I know it sounds crazy, but growing more food in the same amount of space we are now could lead to a much better world than what it is today, but we just need to make the fertilizers have healthy effects. We cannot have people getting sick just because they ate chemmically induced vegetables or even meat from a cow that ate chemically induced corn.

As for the pollution's effects on the environment, I do not think there are any ways to reverse them. The chemicals will have to run though the water system and eventually dilute so they are no longer as strong as they are. But, in the future we can do our best to buy locally grown food (yay Mason Farms!) and maybe even eating organic (expensive).

1 comment:

  1. I like what you had to say Sam! I believe that people should but locally grown produce and meats as much as possible. Also I think that one day we will be able to grow crops without the use of chemicals, but it will just take time. Sometimes I think farmers and companies just want the profit and don't care what they use on their products to make them grow and grow fast.

    ReplyDelete